Sample Event Schedule
(can be modified for 1/2 day or longer workshop or retreat settings)
Introduction: (30 min)
Answering our Call:
Yes, Jesus was serious. He calls believers to make disciples. This is not just about actively participating in the life of the church. Disciple-making is more than that. God calls us to invest into the lives of seekers and other believers just as Jesus did.
The Greatest Investment/Counting the Costs:
The parable of the pearl of great price reminds us that the Kingdom of God is worth everything we have. The challenges we face in disciple-making are tiny compared to the great worth of participating in God’s plans for the building of His Kingdom.
A Biblical Model for Disciple-Making from I Thessalonians 2
- Stage 1: Transforming our Minds with God’s Love and Grace, (1 hour)
serving milk, not meat
Breakout: What do we do when we meet?
(Break – 15 min. or meal depending on your schedule)
- Stage 2: Transforming our Lives – Living in God’s Freedom (1 hour)
Breakout: Practice a lesson
- Stage 3: Becoming Transformers: Living a life of ongoing Disciple-making (30 min)
Wrap it up. (30 min)
Fruits of disciple-making!
- Qualities of Disciple-makers – only in Christs’ Strength
- The Tremendous Blessings of Making Disciples – What have we been waiting for?
Being Forward Focused – Dealing with obstacles. Practical Tips for Disciple-making. What holds us back from making disciples?
Conclusion: Have the time of your life!
Evaluation/Plan of Action (10-15 min)